Thursday, July 26, 2007

Reading - A New Discovery







Having introduced books to Ricco and judging from his response to books, I had earlier come to the conclusion that he enjoys listening to stories. It has never occured to me that he will be bored of the same stories in just a while! And thats exactly what happened! The few stories were initially well received with Ricco hyming along as I read to him... however, day before, I again tried reading the same few books to him. I realised that he no longer hymes along! I was puzzled and was wondering why he is no longer interested. I try reading again and again and again...he sometimes will make some slight noise...but never long enough to tell me that he is enjoying the reads...

Questions pop into my mind. "Is he bored of the stories"? "Is he not feeling well"? "Is he simply not interested?" I am not sure.... To find out the cause, I begin to read new stuff to him. The Jack and Jill Rhyme, "If you are happy" song etc etc..AND amazingly, he hymes to all these new reads/songs! The other amazing thing is, once i start reading the old stuff, he stops hyming! Hence, this simply shows that he is bored of the old reads! WOW... another thing i find out about babies... they actually know and can comprehend what we are reading! They also know how to communicate! Their little ways of communications :)

So I guess I will have to be more pro-active in visiting the library to get new reads for Ricco! Need to research on DVDs and VCDs for him to sing along too!

No comments: